Mach based BSD?  I thought it was a microkernel.... I wasn't sure though.
What does this mean for the HURD?

I haven't had a chance to try out Darwin.  I think it might be interesting
to set up a PC with it on there.  I am a HUGH GNU fan though and would
love to see The Hurd really make it.  I am involved in several projects
right now though.....  It is going to take some time before I can do any
work on the HURD.  I would like to help with the PPP support though.  That
would greatly increase the possible user base....

Things should get interesting from here on out though.  Darwin could be an
opportunity to plug The HURD..

This provides a lot to think about.  I wonder what RMS thinks about all
this?

Dave

> Now that Darwin* (Apple's Mach-based BSD open source child)  is out,
> how is everyone feeling about it?
>

> * I don't remember the URL but www.apple.com/darwin will get you there by
> redirection.

The University of California Bears announced the signing of Reggie
Philbin to a letter of intent to attend Cal next Fall.  Philbin is said
to make up for no talent by cheating well.  Says Philbin of his
decision to attend Cal, "I'm in it for the free ride."