On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 03:07:19PM +0200, Li0 wrote:

> I'm having some troubles with the cross-install script, apparently due
> to some dpkg problems. But as i'm not a Debian user (a slackware one),
> i'm not used to that king of dpkg error messages...
> The script says :
>       dpkg did return unusual messages
>       dpkg: `start-stop-daemon' not found on PATH .
>
> I don't know what this 'daemon' is, so if someone could help me... ;)

The quickest path to success is to download Marcus' tarball as sited in
the Easy Guide.  I don't have the URL memorized, sorry - Try looking
hrough the archives, it's mentioned often.

This requires nothign other than fdisk, mke2fs, mount, tar and grub to get
your hurd system running.

--
"It is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of computers by
the sense of accomplishment you get from getting them to work at all."