On 3/5/08, Tomoki Tsuchida <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Since the API for accessing heroku application has come out earlier
>  this week, I have written a rake task that helps me deploy my
>  applications to heroku.

That's cool!  Thanks for posting it.

I should mention that subversion support (via the svn-git bridge) may
be a feature we consider in the near future.  We're longtime
subversion users, so we certainly see the benefit in supporting it.
However, some of the best features we have coming up in the near
future will only work with decentralized revision control, so we're
sort of on the fence about whether to introduce subversion support,
only to later introduce features that won't be useable with it.

I should also mention that svn and git can be used over the top of one
another.  You can still commit to your main repo, and then commit to a
local git repo for purposes of pushing out to Heroku.  They don't
conflict at all, the only problem would be the bother of remembering
to do the double commit.

If you are in a position to try to use a new revision control system
for your project, we definitely recommend trying to make the jump to
git.  Having done so in the (relatively) recent past myself, I can say
it wasn't hard to learn - most of the svn commands map pretty much
straight onto git commands, with a couple minor differences (git
commit -a vs svn commit and git status vs svn stat come to mind.).

Adam