Masylum,
According to Orion Henry last February 29th on this Google Group, he
said "That's a feature that will be available for blessed accounts a
little ways down the line."

On a side-note, when you make your request for "blessing" to them --
do let them know their own robots.txt is working -- but only by
chance.
If you go to http://heroku.com/robots.txt or to http://www.heroku.com/robots.txt

You'll find that they're robots.txt is written correctly, it's just
that it is returning the wrong http status code in both cases.
It's returning a 301 instead of a 200 OK. A 301 status code means that
the content of that file is being dynamically generated.

And the google bot won't recognize a robots.txt (or a sitemap) that
returns a 301. Now luckily for them, and they probably knew that
already since they're saying it will only "be available down the
line", they're not blocking anything using that file. So the fact that
google is not recognizing that file as valid doesn't matter. If the
google bot doesn't see a valid robots.xml file with a right status
code, its default behavior is to index everything anyway.

On the other hand, if you go to your own public app's robots.txt,
let's say your app is called "foobar2000"
You'll find that http://foobar2000.heroku.com/robots.txt retuns the
right 200 OK

That's because your own robots.txt request is being intercepted by
their http/proxy web server, and the http web server will return the
right 200 OK code. Ruby can also return the right 200 OK status code,
it's just that you have to tell it explicitly to do so, and it's not
an error most developers have come across unless they get first bitten
by it.

To double-check the status codes of an http request, you use your own
sniffer. An easy sniffer to install is "TamperData", a firefox
extention.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/966 (it must be enabled
once installed, and then it must be explicitly started from its dialog
menu)

Anyway, good luck Masylum, and if you haven't done so already -- try
the "Google Webmaster Tools" when you get this robots.txt working.
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/siteoverview?hl=en  (it's an
important tool)

- Stephan
http://quickspikes.com