I too am having the same issue as Patrick above. The console says:

Your mongrel is not responding, check to see if there is a crash log.

I do not see a crash log in the logs folder but I do have a file
called mongrel.47006.log which states

/mnt/home/userapps/31477/app/views/public/index.html.erb:11: warning:
else without rescue is useless
>> Thin web server (v0.8.2 codename Double Margarita)
>> Threaded mode OFF
>> Maximum connections set to 1024
>> Listening on 0.0.0.0:47006, CTRL+C to stop
>> Stopping ...

Other than the warning I am not sure what is going on. How do we do a
restart of the mongrel instance?