Hi,

Some of my apps are seeing occasionally horrible performance - a
greater-than 10 second response time - even for static files like
index.html.

>From purely anecdotal experience, it seems like this is happening when
the app hasn't been contacted for a few hours, and then on the first
request after this dormancy, it will take a long time to start.  The
second request will go much faster.

Since I rely on these apps having a < 10s response time (which is
fairly reasonable for 2 SQL queries per request) because I contact
them via API, I was wondering if you guys had any advise.

I could obviously just keep pinging my apps every hour, but this seems
like a hack.  Do you have any other recommendations to prevent them
from having what seems like a "startup" time?

Thanks in advance!
Matt