I'm dynamically generating graphs using gruff as a major part of my
application.

I've played around with caching the images to disk, which gives me a
significant speed boost, but I was wondering if there is a better (or
indeed a "right") way to do this which I am missing.

I considered storing the graphs in the db as blogs, but all my db
instincts tell me that is a bad idea.  Is this an old prejudice that's
no longer true, or should you still avoid database blobs?

Paul