Ctrl-D does exit the Heroku console as long as you at the start of a line.
 It's behavior is identical to irb and bash in that regard.
Ctrl-C is a funny one.  I experimented with irb, and on OS X it doesn't seem
to do anything, although the behavior is very quirkly.  On Linux it clears
the line like you said.  Maybe this has to do with differences in the
gettext library on BSD vs Linux?  In any case, I agree that it should follow
whatever irb does on your current platform.  Please feel free to submit
patches to heroku-client on github. :)

Adam