I agree, I'd much rather have graphomatic.net be the master address,
but there is no way to have a CNAME and MX record for graphomatic.net
without breaking the DNS standards and risking not being able to send
or receive mail to some hosts.

I'd rather be "so 1999", than break the standards with potentially
uncertain consequences.

If someone does work out a better way of doing it that doesn't involve
breaking the standards I'll happily switch.

It would be **really** nice if Heroku could provide DNS services,
which could then use the current set of IP addresses, rather than
having to use a CNAME.  I'd pay a little extra for that service, and
it shouldn't require a significant increase in their infrastructure.

Currently it's all just a bit too hacky, especially if you need
wildcard domains.

Paul