I did everything according to the documentation plus a few things I
found here but I can't get it to work. The push doesn't seem to ge
installing the gem.

My app runs fine in my development environment but when I try to push
it to Heroku, I get the following error:

Counting objects: 5, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (2/2), done.
Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 349 bytes, done.
Total 3 (delta 1), reused 0 (delta 0)

-----> Heroku receiving push
-----> Rails app detected
       Compiled slug size is 388K
-----> Launching..... done
 !     App crashed during startup
 !     Visit http://www.stepsforfun.com to see the crashlog

This is what I have in the .gem file at the moment:

calendar_date_select -v 1.15 -s gems.github.com

When I hit my app on Heroku, I get the following error:

App failed to start
Missing these required gems:
  calendar_date_select
You're running:
  ruby 1.8.6.287 at /usr/local/bin/ruby
  rubygems 1.3.5 at /home/slugs/45636_7c18d79_4041/mnt/.gems, /usr/lib/
ruby/gems/1.8, /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8

Run `rake gems:install` to install the missing gems.

Any help would be great.

Regards,
Geolev