FWIW, it's worked fine with MySQL so Ruby can handle it. It's something about the way PostgreSQL stores it that's causing the problem.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 4, 2010, at 2:54 AM, Pedro Belo <pe...@heroku.com> wrote:

Even if you manage to store this date period on your database, Ruby
can't handle it afaik.

So I'd suggest handling dates on your application level (ie store
years/months on different int fields and handle storing/loading with
custom classes).