On Feb 8, 11:23 pm, Charles M Magid <cmma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>     cookie_store.rb:163:in `ensure_session_key':   A key is required
> to write a cookie containing the session data.   Use
> config.action_controller.session =   { :key =>
> "_myapp_session", :secret => "some secret phrase" }   in config/
> environment.rb (ArgumentError)
>   I am using 'static' CMS by trevorturk / static on github and using
> the heroku deployment instructions.

Just to clear this up in case anyone else runs into the same problem,
the issue was that the config vars weren't being sent to Heroku, and
those config vars include the session keys.

I'm using this technique:

http://almosteffortless.com/2009/06/25/config-vars-and-heroku/

...in case you want some more detail.