That isn't forcing an expire, that is "we clean up when you push, just
to let you know."

Please read this: http://tomayko.com/writings/things-caches-do
And then this: http://guides.rubyonrails.org/caching_with_rails.html

If you still can't figure it out, then come back. You should have a
better understanding and can ask a more pointed question.