Hi Matt,

On Jun 11, 2:28 am, Matthew Soldo <m...@heroku.com> wrote:
> Hi RDF fans,
>
> We now have libraptor on our bamboo stack!
>
> Bamboo is not the default Heroku stack. If you aren't familiar with Heroku
> stacks you should read up on them here.
>
> To create a new app with Bamboo, use the following command:
>
> heroku create --stack bamboo-ree-1.8.7
>
> To switch an existing app to bamboo:
>
> heroku stack:migrate bamboo-ree-1.8.7
>
> Let me know how it goes.
>
> - Matt

Just testing this out now... for anyone who wants to play with this,
make sure that you have both the `rdf-raptor` and `ffi` gems specified
in your Heroku application's .gems file or Gemfile, and then
explicitly switch RDF::Raptor over to using FFI mode by setting an
environment variable as follows:

    $ heroku config:add RDF_RAPTOR_ENGINE=ffi --app myapp

(CLI mode is still the default in the current RDF::Raptor release.
This will be changed to auto-detection of FFI vis-a-vis CLI mode in
the next release.)

Unfortunately, at the moment I'm running into this problem:

    /home/slugs/.../.gems/gems/ffi-0.6.3/lib/ffi/library.rb:113:in
`attach_function': Function 'raptor_new_world' not found in
[libraptor.so] (FFI::NotFoundError)

It looks like RDF::Raptor's FFI mode is currently relying on a
`raptor_new_world` function which was only introduced as of libraptor
1.4.19:

    http://librdf.org/raptor/RELEASE.html#rel1_4_19

Matt, I'm assuming you had to deploy the older libraptor version
1.4.17 because of platform constraints (an "enterprise" Linux distro
or the like), making an upgrade infeasible, so we'll try and work
around this on our end in the next RDF::Raptor release. Shouldn't be
too difficult to fix, I think.

I'll keep you posted.

--
Arto Bendiken | http://datagraph.org/