Hi Jeff.

You don't want to set the nameservers to heroku but rather tell one and ones
name servers that your domain can be found by going to heroku. To do this you
can use a cname (so stick with one and ones nameservers) in the dns settings.
The cname is proxy.heroku.com.

The only issue comes if you also have email on that domain. If you do you can't
use the cname and instead you have a choice. One and one can't have multiple
ips (they're called A records by most companies) per domain so either use one
of them (which may cause issues but prob won't) or use the zerigo add-on. With
zerigo you actually do change nameservers to zerigo and then they will handle
adding the other records for you.

You still need to pay the one and one domain fee but not any of the other stuff
(ie. Only instant domain is needed)

I hope that helps
Steve