I am trying to implement a single-sign-on setup with Castronaut (which
runs on Sinatra.)

What I want to do:

- Castronaut app (Sinatra) at: https://login.examle.com
- User management app (Rails) (user creation, forgotten passwords,
entry of global information such as addresses, etc.) at:
https://accounts.example.com
- Various other web apps (most likely all Rails) that authenticate
with the Castronaut server and refer users to the user management
server for, um, user management tasks.

The problem:

- Castronaut (and any CAS server) needs two databases (one for the CAS-
specific stuff and another for the user records—although in theory
these could be the same physical database I believe.) The user records
one needs to be shared between both Castronaut *and* the user
management server.

My questions:

* How can I get Heroku to set up two databases in the Sinatra
castronaut.yml config file? (one for cas_database and one for
cas_adapter.)
* How can I share the cas_adapter database between two Heroku apps?
This is impossible with the default Heroku PostgreSQL database, right?
* Would a solution be to use the PostgreSQL database for the
cas_database and then an Amazon RDS for the cas_adapter? If so, how
could I configure Heroku to do this?

Alternatively:

Castronaut can be built into a gem and run. Would it be somehow
possible to have the Castronaut Sinatra gem and the user management
rails app running together in the same Heroku app? (the Sinatra gem
runs on a different port.) In that case I could use a single
PostgreSQL database for both cas_database and cas_adapater and both
the Sinatra gem and Rails app could access it, right?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Russell.