Wow, thanks, that sql console looks amazing! How come Heroku doesn't
fold this into its official tools?

Regarding using db:pull, maintenance, followed by db:push, that
technique was extremely troublesome for me in the past, probably
because my database is big, around 5 GB. When uploading on db:push,
the initial ETA starts low, and then shoots up the longer it runs
(mine starts at 8 and then takes around 36 hours total). This
combined, with the fact that the db:push process seems to be fragile
means anytime I use push my site will be down for a while.

Last time I used it, my first attempt to push the database died after
about 24 hours with a Taps error (which I reported to support already)
where it spuriously complained that there was a duplicate key in the
primary keys of a table. My second attempt to push the database died
after another day when I briefly lost my Internet connection. The
third attempt successfully pushed it up, but I really want to avoid
using the push/pull tools on my site again unless necessary.

I will definitely check out the console, seems like just the ticket
for this sort of thing.