Is it possible to use a Cron Job to start a worker, run a series of
jobs and then shut down the worker?

Basically I am going to have a few jobs that need to run once a day. I
need to update a large number of records from a supplier on a daily or
weekly basis.

The job will take a couple hours, but I don't want to have a worker
running all day as they will be idle the 80% of the time.

Should I just use a cron job on the main dyno. Is there a time limit
for a cron job and will this slow the main server? I could run it at
2AM, when the site is mostly idle.

Or is there a way to start a worker, run the jobs and shut down the
worker once the jobs are done from cron?

What is the best way to implement this?