Hi Ming Yeow - Think it's because feedzirra has a dependency on
activesupport 2.3.8 whereas Rails 2.3.5 is tied to activesupport 2.3.5 . Can
you see if you adding --ignore-dependencies to the feedzirra line in your
.gems file solves the problem?

Here's some docs for a similar problem: http://docs.heroku.com/rails236

Cheers,
Arun

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 6:36 AM, Ming Yeow Ng <mingy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> After including the gem in my .gem file, the application is unable to
> run.
>
> It runs perfectly on my localhost - so i wonder why the conflict is
> happening?
>
> There appears to be some problems with the rails runtime - would love
> to get some help here!
>
> /usr/ruby1.8.7/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:230:in `activate':
> can't activate activesupport (>= 2.3.8, runtime) for
> ["feedzirra-0.0.24"], already activated activesupport-2.3.5 for
> ["rails-2.3.5"] (Gem::LoadError

It's better to be a pirate than join the Navy - Steve Jobs
http://mclov.in | @iamclovin