That's the thing - I'm not.  I'm going to try to make a simple app
that uses the federated login with just the open_id and ruby-openid-
apps-discovery gems because I really think the problem lies somewhere
in Devise.  The error "Invalid password or email." is the default
message given by Warden so it's a bit hard to track down exactly what
was the cause but I know it is coming from Devise and may be specific
to this setup.