> 1) With Heroku I understand your request can have some temporary space
> for file uploads. Can I rely on that space to exist for a few minutes
> while a Delayed Job gets to it?

The space is for the request.  A delayed job will run as a seperate
process, so no, you can't count on it being there.  Chances are high
that the delayed job will run on a different machine, and not have
access to the file.

Note that for small files, you can have the dyno upload to s3 as part
of the process.  Paperclip supports this out of the box.  I have sites
myself working this way.

> 2) Does uploading a file completely lock a dyno?  Or can a single dyno
> handle a few simultaneous uploads?

A dyno is by definition one simultaneous request.  That dyno is locked
for the duration of the upload.

Oren