I just had an exciting afternoon-before-thanksgiving...I read all the
goodness at:
http://weblog.rubyonrails.org/2010/11/15/rails-3-0-3-faster-active-record-plus-plenty-of-fixes

...about better perf and low-risk changes with Rails 3.0.3, so I did a
local upgrade from 3.0.1, ran some tests, everything seemed fine,
pushed to staging, ditto, pushed to prod, ditto...went out to do some
errands. And then got a crash alert:

"2010-11-24T12:35:55-08:00 app[worker.1]: Could not find
columnize-0.3.1 in any of the sources"

boom!

Rushed home, rolled back to 3.0.1...

I'm still not sure exactly what happened - trying to diagnose now.
But clearly some funkiness w/ dependency management btwn versions, as
Rails 3.0.3 doesn't seem to install columnize (or linecache-0.43,
possibly more) whereas they do get installed when Rails = 3.0.1.

If anyone else has thoughts, please jump in. But, at the very least,
consider this a public service announcement that the 3.0.1 -> 3.0.3
upgrade doesn't appear to be vanilla.