I imagine that the concept would be similar. I don't think DJ supports the
callbacks that Resque does though - so at the end of each Job you'd need to
call a method manually to check on what the outstanding depth on the job
queue is and adjust the workers.

The only problem with DJ is that because it requeues failed jobs for
retrying then potentially you'd have to take that into account when setting
the number of workers - query the jobs table to see how many are current
rather than future, and go off that?