Hi Shai,

It sounds like the app is using XML as their data store.

And right now, rails (and Heroku) make it easier to use a relational db to
store data.

While you could hack together a solution that stores the data file in memcache,
redis, or something, I wonder how hard it would be to just store the
relationships as active record models in postgres.

Think I'd either tweak to use SQL or use a different project.

best of luck,
Keenan