hi Jim,
Actually we were on this around 10:15 last night.  The mistake was
that the on-call engineer decided not to update the status site
immediately.  Once he started working he got caught up, and our
automated systems to remind us to update status weren't active since
we hadn't posted an update in the first place.  We are changing our
process to ensure that all outages are immediately posted.

We will also post a post-mortem on the issue in the next day or two.

Oren