While studying the different option for my project, I am starting to
look at MemCache add-on - http://addons.heroku.com/

Are there any hard limits on the amount of transactions or bandwidth I
will be permitted to use?

Say I signed for a 1GB of Memcache, would I be permitted to do the
same amount of transactions p/minute as if I was to purchase a 10GB of
MemCache? Alternatively, is there a bandwidth limit instead (only
allow X amount of say 50KB objects per minute) or are you allow to hit
the MemCahe with as many transactions as you possibly can without been
worry about any limits.

It will followed that since resources are shared, a particular limit
has be set otherwise a process could overwhelm/slow the cache servers,
but I am not able to find those limits on your site :(

Thx.