We have started to make use of some basic Rails 3 based caching to
improve performance of our site, but  are having an issue.

I am trying to use fragment caching to cache a portion in our head
that contains a select box that (depending on the user) could have
over 300 options. Although the local-test implementation went off
without a hitch there appears to be a problem expiring the cache on
Heroku. When the user chooses an option in the select, the cache
should expire and the page reloads showing the select in the header
with the user choice as the selected options, which does happen on the
first page refresh, however on subsequent reloads or when the user
navigates to another page the older "expired" version of the select
will show somethings (about 50% of the time). I am guessing this may
have something to do distributed memcached servers and the shared
heroku environment. Has anyone else had this experience? I had no luck
searching. I've opened a ticket but thought I might get lucky here ;)

Here is a gist with a copy of the code I'm using https://gist.github.com/957855
(nothing special)