Hi Clem,

heroku cosole is your friend.

Locally on some stage servers we use Grit.
It ran into trouble running on passenger because git was not in the path.
Easy to remedy, but since Grit eats the errors - it was a little tricky to
track down.

For me at least
Heroku has git in /usr/bin
(do `ls /usr/bin` or Dir['/usr/bin/*']

But it looks like the .git directory is not present in the app. (I did find
.gitignore - which was checked into git)

I wonder if simply updating your deploy rake task and setting an environment
variable with the sha would work for you?

--Keenan
--Keenan