We would like to use CarrierWave for handling our uploads on Heroku,
but it needs to cache locally to the /tmp directory.  I am concerned
that if many users are uploading at once, the directory could fill up
and hit the maximum disk size limit imposed by Heroku.

Is there a way to upload directly to S3 without relying on
CarrierWave's caching feature?  Has anyone done this successfully?