well...I meant to add more to my response.

Regardless of the problem Heroku resolved, the workers crash an awful lot. I
have three of them running I hardly see run for more than 30 minutes. No
useful information in the logs, and they crash with or without work to
do...meaning the queue can be empty and they fall over. As far as I know,
this is a pretty new problem and I wonder if there is an incompatibility in
the mix. Maybe a gem that's causing a problem. It's a bit tricky to pin
down.