We generally maintain up-to-the-minute continuous archives replicated to
multiple data centers to protect against hardware failure. We recommend
using PGBackups to maintain daily logical SQL backups for use in the event
of an accident on the part of a developer, or just for import/export of
data sets. Of course, with dedicated databases you can always connect and
pull or push data via pg_dump and pg_restore if you want to work by hand.

Best,
Peter
Dep't of Data