Yeah I do a similar thing to back up my data from a production site to my
staging/test site.

on prod account
  # grab temp URL of the recent backup
  heroku pgbackups:url b016

on staging account
  # use that URL from above as source to restore from
  heroku pgbackups:restore DATABASE 'https://s3.amazonaws.com/........'

but I also keep a sep copy of the backup, just in case.

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 7:26 AM, Bilal Basharat
<bilal.basha...@devsinc.com>wrote:

> im restoring from a b004.dump file. the file has been recieved from
> another application instance on another heroku account. well my problem is
> resolved when i verified my account.
> in this way , i was able to add pgbackups. i use this command to restore
> database
> first i install this addon:
>

> $ heroku addons:add pgbackups
>
> than restore my database to the current heroku application by using
>
> $ heroku pgbackups:restore DATABASE '
> http://s3.amazonaws.com/.....mydb.dump?authparameters'
>
> instead of s3. i put backup file to the public folder of dropbox and got
> the public url and paste it in the above line.
>

> --
> Regards,
> Bilal Basharat
> Software Developer | Developers Inc.