We use Cloudfront's Custom Origin Server to point to our Rails app instead
of an S3 bucket. This removes the need to sync assets to an S3 bucket. We
used Open Government's tutorial [1] as a base and built upon it to improve
it slightly [2].

[1]
http://blog.opengovernment.org/2011/02/10/cloudfront-s3-rails-and-jammit-on-apache/

[2]
http://dev.anideo.com/2012/01/03/how-we-setup-amazon-cloudfront-to-play-nice-with-rails.html

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Peter Keen <peter.k...@bugsplat.info>wrote:

> I use asset_sync[1] on the one project where I push stuff to
> S3/cloudfront. It works great and is basically automatic.
>
> [1]: https://github.com/rumblelabs/asset_sync
>
> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 7:21 PM, railsnerd <rails.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi there
> >
> > My site has a lot of static pages, and I'm hoping I can use Cloudfront
> > to host them and stop requests hitting Heroku.
> >
> > (Yes I know there are other possibilities like memcached and varnish)
> >
> > Does anyone know of a good guide in setting this up?  It's not very
> > clear to me.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > --

It's better to be a pirate than join the Navy - Steve Jobs
http://mclov.in | @iamclovin