Hi,

I'm slightly confused as to whether it is possible to run an
application on Heroku that requires around 3GB on the heap. This does
seem a lot, but it's not a memory leak - it is just that it is
necessary to have around 3,000,000 objects in memory at a certain time
(yes, I will be reviewing just how 'necessary' it is, and what
alternatives there are, but for now lets say it's necessary).

So, this long running task would be handled by a Worker Dyno, rather
than a Web Dyno? Are the limitations/capabilities of the Worker Dynos
the same as the Web Dynos? And by cranking up the number of Dynos, can
I run my application that will require say 3GB for one process, or is
this just not possible?

Sorry for the noob questions ... but I am a noob, and I've seen
conflicting information, so want to get the facts straight.

Cheers,

Chris