Hi,

I recently ran into an App behaving badly. Has not troubled my till now.
Basically, it locks itself up and becomes useless throwing PG:Connection
errors.

App was on Basic plan development PG plan. Ruby 1.9.3, Sinatra,
ActiveRecord ORM.

I use DJ to process webhooks and other tasks, so it is a busy little App
sometimes, but never 20 concurrent connections. Heroku informed me that
perhaps the code was errant in not releasing these connections. I kinda
doubt that since I have other Apps getting even heavier use, with no such
issues.

I updated to the Production quality Crane DB, and migrated. Now I have a
burning question.

- How do you figure out the code responsible for grabbing and holding onto
a connection at Heroku? Even with 500 connections on Crane, if there is bad
code, it will chew threw these too and cause same problem.

Any insight into this issue much appreciated.

Thanks