You probably could create an application running Ruby and JRuby, but you'd be
looking at making a custom buildpack in order to do this.

An alternative would be to use two apps, and hook them both into the same queue
- having one app putting items into the queue, and the other just working the
queue (having no web process).  You can share a database between applications
easily:  http://neilmiddleton.com/sharing-databases-between-heroku-applications/

You wouldn't even need to modify your code.  Deploy the same app twice, one
with the Ruby buildpack, and one JRuby, and scale the processes to suit.

--
Neil