The repo and the running app's slug are separate. When you rollback, you just
point back to an old complied slug.  Sounds like you might have force pushed to
your repo which may have destroyed your recent changes. The code might still be
in there, but the log history is hidden. But not all is lost.

Try heroku run bash to get a shell running on your slug. All of your code will
be there. I'm not positive, but you might even be able to run git commands and
find the commit hash you're looking for. Worst case, you can at least FTP or
otherwise get your code out again.

Mark

On Jan 30, 2013, at 8:27 AM, Shahruk Khan <shahruksem...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Really all I want to do is clone the current slug that is live on heroku
> right now.
>
> On Jan 30, 2013, at 11:16 AM, Jeff Schmitz <jeffrey.j.schm...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> The heroku rollback is not a git command, and does not modify the repo from
>> what I can tell.  This does not have a thing to do with your OS reinstall I
>> think.
>>
>> See
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9898286/heroku-rollback-didnt-update-the-head-remote-branch-did-it
>>
>> Heroku just deploys a previous version of your master branch.
>>
>> jeff
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 9:36 AM, Shahruk Khan <shahruksem...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> 1) git commit -m "Blahblahblah" git push
>>> 2) heroku rollback
>>> 3) OS reinstall