Issue #186 <https://github.com/heroku/heroku/issues/186> (processes don't
pass their return code down to *heroku run*) has been open for about a
year, which makes it very poorly suitable for automation. We thought it was
time to build some more robust workarounds.

Taking the basic idea of echo-ing the exit status and tailing output,
introducing a new gem called *heroku-commander* -
https://github.com/dblock/heroku-commander. It does that and also supports
run:detached.

Introductory blog post:
http://artsy.github.com/blog/2013/02/01/master-heroku-command-line-with-heroku-commander

Let me know if you find it useful, it has made our Rake tasks much more
sane.

cheers
dB.

--

dB. | Moscow - Geneva - Seattle - New York
dblock.org <http://www.dblock.org> -

---
"Heroku Community" group.
to heroku+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.