On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 2:48 PM,  <la...@artsymail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am attempting to add memcache to my heroku app, and I received the
> following error:
>
> "The memcache add-on has been disabled. Please choose an alternative service
> at https://addons.heroku.com/#caching";
>
> I don't see any information on the heroku site about this change, nor are
> there any google results for the error. If the memcache add-on is indeed no
> longer available, I'll look into memcachier, but if I'm receiving this error
> because of a mistake on my part, I'd like to correct it to get memache
> running.

Yup, it's no longer available.  That add-on decided to cease its
operation.  One will have to go elsewhere for their memcache hosting
needs.

Looks like there is some out of date documentation, though:

  https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/memcache

That documentation seems to be maintained by Couchbase, which is the
aforementioned party that deprecated the addon, so Heroku may want to
be looped in as to possibly salvage parts of the document that are
still useful but stop it from indicating that the memcache addon is
still available.

---
"Heroku Community" group.
to heroku+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.