On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 2:46 AM, aspal <ashwin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How to specify BUILD_DIR and CACHE_DIR arguments for  custom buildpacks?
> Should I set   heroku config:set   BUILD_DIR=path_2_src    or put it in the
> compile,detect scripts?
> My app is not compiling when source files are put in another dir in app's
> root folder.

These are passed as arguments to the program you write for the build
pack. You do not set them.

In shell, these would be $1 (for BUILD_DIR) and $2 (for CACHE_DIR)
customarily.  There's one more, for "ENV_DIR", see
https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/buildpack-api for details.

I'm not sure exactly what your problem is with the compilation, but
one maddening possibility I've seen that sounds akin to yours if one
is using Macintosh is that "git" tracks content in a case sensitive
manner, and as a general rule Macintosh file systems are not so.  One
can confirm things by seeing multiple case variations of the same
directory in git ls-tree -r HEAD.

---
"Heroku Community" group.
to heroku+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.