Greetings,

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 20:38 +0000, Troy Jones wrote:
> Yes, multistory would be prohibitively difficult.  Imagine an array of
> connected ones, though, similar to this grouping of connected yurts:
>
> http://www.yurts.com/images/photo-gallery/large/22_gallery_lrg.jpg
>

> That would get the square footage up to a liveable amount (by Western
> standards) for a couple or small family.

Sure, but, if you take the same structure, and make it three stories,
you could house three small families, or one big one, and leave that
much more land for farming, production, or, even, space for another six
or so more families, than it would have, otherwise.

And if you put several more large pods connected via the small ones, you
could even build a whole community based around the housing, with a good
use of the space, as opposed to sprawling all over the place.  Land,
too, can be a luxury.

Also, if you manage a multi-level structure, you can build factories of
various sorts, to sustain the lives of those who live in the housing,
etc.

If we could make them ecofast, and sustainable, we might not have to use
them as temporary housing, but as replacement, or rebuilt housing, for
places that were destroyed, like the large sections of New Orleans, or
Texas that have yet to be rebuilt.

Just a thought.

Percival