Doug Lacy in Silver City, NM does thin shell ferrocement type things.
Using cellular "foamed" concrete (air bubble filled) for insulation
between the "shells".
Cellular concrete can be used for bullet stops.

http://www.shambhalavillage.com/index.html

Youtube vids explaining his method and how to mix:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ShambhalaVillage#p/u

I think he took the idea from "Ferrocement" boat hulls?
His method looks perfect. I was supposed to go in July to film a few
things.
It's $3 a square foot in materials to use his method. Direct info from
him.