In reply, as best I can:

First of all, regarding the walls, is there a reason that the base can't be
assembled as one piece instead of 2?
One piece is ok. As you said, I chose to make it 2 pieces for "sandwiching"
the roof pieces, and also b/c 6 panels is unwieldy.
--Taping the walls together on playa isn't very hard (the roof is another
story)

Also, regarding dou's semi- folding roof design, what are your thoughts
Vinay? I know structural
integrity comes from how everything is taped together, and I don't
know if having the roof triangles with tight hinges folding inwards
instead of outwards on the flat surfaces would cause any loss of
strength, and if it did, if that could be easily solved by simply
taping the inside of the seem as well during setup.
--The loose hinges of the roof are a bit tricky to create, but on the short
side/'traditional side' of the H13 they help w/ waterproofing (a loose hinge
makes a funnel for water). They are also, in my mind, *more* stable than a
tight hinge in that location, because with the help of gravity, the hinge
cannot flex any further, therefore has no 'give' to it.

What is the best way in which to
build a door for an h13? I'm at a cross between wanting to use the 8
foot side of the yurt for a full sized door, or for just more headroom
while inside. If I put the door on one of the 4 foot sides, I know I
would gain more structural integrity since I would be able to stretch
a single piece of tape all the way around the yurt where the roof
meets the walls, *<---true! A weak point in the H13 design.*

Do I cut out the full door then tape it back on with a tight hinge? Do I
need a
sill at the bottom and if so, what should I make it out of? What do
you use as a clasp to keep the door shut?
---all good points.  Check out this part of the appropedia page for upgraded
door info (even more coming soon!):
http://www.appropedia.org/Hexayurt_playa#Doors

and is an inward or outward swinging door better?
-----Always the door swings outward: that way it doesn't take up indoor
space. The wind will also blow it shut which is nice.

I'm installing a swamp cooler as well, so I'll
have outward pressure. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!
-----for the swamp cooler, be sure you'll have negative pressure (like from
a solar powered vent fan) in addition to your fans that will blow cold air
in.  I found this $30 model that you can tape seal onto your roof:
http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?no=212687F&WT.mc_id=gb1&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=productfeed&utm_campaign=googleshopping