Dusty,

I'd love to jump into a group buy for my standard 8-footer. The only thing I'd
add to your shopping list would be 3" foil tape for the edges. BTW, what do you
mean by "Playa staples"? Is that vernacular for U-shaped rebar? Either way,
you'll want to put plenty of rebar on your list.

Further suggestion: building solar-powered swamp coolers for the yurts. I'd
love to turn out a couple of those. Maybe one of the cooler-meisters on this
list can be persuaded to show up, or at least provide a definitive parts list.

I'd love to join in a yurt-bee. I can bring my rebar-bending skills and turn
out authoritative U-stakes like crazy. Also, I have done a regulation 8-footer.
Experience tells!

Cheers,
Steve
--
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
    -- Cynthia Dueltgen