thanks, but what I'm trying to understand is the difference between the
R-max and the Thurmax and the R-Tech
it's my understaning that the higher the R-value, the better. so I dont see
the problem with R-tech as opposed to r-max (the price for 1.5" is $14  vs
$26 for rmax, and yet the R value only differs by 2 points and both feel
about the same in person)

I'm going to be building one yurt for myself, but also about 4-5 more for
others in our camp, so even a few dollars makes a big difference.
but of course I don't want to build it from something that will fall apart
of cause problems either.

thanks for your time

-X