So, as I contemplate how to tie down a hexayurt (specifically a quad-dome
yurt), I'm wondering which approach would be more secure. I'm not using
BFT, so I'd rather not use tape as a tie down option.

>From what I understand, the "rope ring" is a rope tied to itself to form a
circle and then thrown over the top of the yurt. Then, rope lines are tied
to that "rope halo" and anchored to the ground. Seems simple enough.

With the net approach, I'm thinking of using a large square camo net
(basically a fishing net with wavy fabric attached). This would have it's
four corners tied to guy lines anchored to the ground. The net wouldn't
really be big enough to extend beyond the structure of the yurt, so as to
avoid being a sail.

In the rope ring scenario, it seems that there is very little surface area
holding down the boards or holding them to each other, but most of the
reflective surface of the board is left exposed to reflect light/heat. I
believe this idea has been playa tested with success.

With the net, it seems that there is much more net surface area to hold
more of the yurt together which I'm assuming could only help in high winds.
The netting would block some of the reflective surface, so I'm not sure if
that's good or bad yet. Since a quad-dome has many more parts, having more
of them covered/held together seems like a good idea. The downside could be
that the net itself will act as a bit of a sail in some cases.

Basically, I'm trying to build this thing to withstand "Condition Alpha" or
a flash flood type rain, and I'm wondering what everyones thoughts are.

Thanks in advance.