Cody has covered the options very well. Granted, the water bottle has some
appeal for its recycling third-world simplicity, but my question is how
much do you really need a light in your yurt? Are you planning to read
novels in there? Unlikely. Mainly you will only be in your yurt to sleep,
or visit, or rummage through your gear, in which case a cheap LED lantern
will cover your lighting needs without the complications of how to hang a
water bottle through the roof.