@ Cody Firestone: Dude, those thingys are awesome! I love a good product.
Thanks for 'plugging'

As for the Water Bottle to the roof whadda wha? Julie Danger votes no. I
don't like the weight on the roof (but it'll hold anyway-- I hang a whole
parachute, but from multiple points on my roof), and I don't like the break
in the roof (I also always always get rained on at Burning Man, it's a
policy.

Now then, some simple solutions: Hinges on the roof let in plenty of light.
If you use Camp Danger loose hinges on the roof, those let in plenty of
light. I still recommend that everyone cover all their permanent hinges
with FOIL TAPE to keep them functioning for years to come, as the
bifilament tape will crust up and peel off after 2 weeks of desert exposure
(or less.) If your Camp Danger hinges are not totally covered with foil,
they will also let in some light-- I have used 3" foil tape on either side
of the gap of the loose hinge and that's worked nicely. Some people prefer
total darkness in the day time for sleeping in and foil tape their hinge
entirely...I swing both ways on this topic and wear my blindfold to bed
even at night.

A window covered with a basic cheap air
filter<https://www.google.com/search?q=air+filter+home+depot&client=firefox-a&hs=Fib&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=m73qUYiJDZLG9gSKjIDoCA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1276&bih=643#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=0M1rcWVvx7oYaM%3A%3BSfjhpw47k_s0nM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252F3.thekrazycouponlady.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F07%252FScreen-Shot-2013-07-09-at-8.59.24-AM.png%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fthekrazycouponlady.com%252Fat-home%252Ffiltrete-home-air-filters-over-50-off-at-home-depot%252F%3B216%3B310>will
let in light, but not air, and it will also let in heat. But it won't
let in dust if you tape that filter to the outside of the yurt with a good
seal!

Let the burning begin! In dust we combust!

JD