The information for the improved design is now online at
http://www.machdomes.com to see pictures (elements shortened so to view the
structure and elements closer).  The end cutting of the suds is straight
forward at simple angles and the connector pieces simplify joining the
elemnets into a unit.

For the doubters on using steel studs answer me this:

I will talk about elements and unit. To unitize you make elements into a
unit. This unit can now be used where the unit can be stronger than the sum
of elements. Consider a piece of eggshell.  It can easily be broken, but
when it was complete as a unit, it was very strong. Or your car fender when
it is part of the car. You can sit on it and will resist any distortion.
Disconnect it and you can fold it half with you bare hands.

Try this experiment with 4 sheets of paper. Cut each piece in half and them
fold each piece in three. Open them up to form 8 u or c elements.

1. Place 2 on edge and put a piece of cardboard of top. See how much it
will hold.

2. Place 4 on edge and put a piece of cardboard of top. See how much it
will hold.

3. Connect 2 elements back to back by gluing to make an I unit. Do it with
another 2. Now place the 2 I units on edge and put a piece of cardboard of
top. See how much it will hold.

4. Connect 2 elements on both sides by gluing to make a square tube unit.
Do it with another 2. Now place the 2 tube units on edge and put a piece of
cardboard of top. See how much it will hold.

Amazing isn’t it?

How did the same elements become stronger?

The I beam is strong, but what we have in the unitized triangles and
squares is the tube principle. The unit is more than the sum of the
elements.

If you need more support om the 6 sides of the 8X8 unihexayurt additional
studs can be added in each wall.

I hope others will discover unitizing structures using molded wood,
fiberglass, etc, materials.