Was on a construction site looking for information on the best glues to use
to attach polyiso to polyiso and to attach polyiso to wooden studs and
furring strips. And came across information that explained to me why I had
encountered so many problems in the past trying to glue Mylar surfaces.

The explanation is simple: Mylar is impermeable and so nearly all glues
that we generally think of trying dry far too slowly on it. I didn't find a
specific glue recommendation for gluing Mylar to Mylar or Mylar to any
other surface other than that the glue needs to be extremely fast drying
and is unlikely to be something we will find in a tube or cartridge. Maybe
that will help someone in their quest.

I am attempting this summer and fall to create a permanently installed,
livable tiny-home modified hexayurt from 4"-thick polyiso. And so, rather
than tape or velcro the beveled edges, am looking for an extremely strong
permanent adhesive. Still researching what might be best. A test I did in
2011 of asphalt emulsion (spreadable roofing tar-like compound) has held
through heat and cold on both polyiso and xps. But it's not a pretty
looking solution. Polyiso supposedly is compatible with most construction
adhesives.

Not to take this thread too far afield, but am facing a lot of other little
challenges when trying to create a "permanent" hexayurt of polyiso. Issues
like moisture barriers in and out, moisture venting, window flashing, solid
door framing, etc. (My salvage-yard polyiso is not foil-faced, but rather,
paper faced and so provides no moisture barrier either inside or outside.)